We thought that the heat skipped us this year, but it looks like we might get a touch of the Dog Days of summer after all down in the southeast.
But with the kids back in school and a little less traffic through the house day in and day out, now is the perfect time to save a little money during the next hot streak. We have put together some energy-saving tips for hot summer days:
- Blinds: Angle horizontal blinds upwards which produces more light and cuts down on heat.
- Thermostat: Get a programmable thermostat so it can adjust for your arrival home. You can even bump your thermostat by 4 degrees and turn on the ceiling fan – it feels about the same.
- Lights: Motions sensors especially for outdoor lighting.
- Bulbs: you can go with CFLs, but you can go with LEDs which last longer and use less energy.
- Appliances: Bring the freezer in out of the heat (Don’t make it work double time!). Bump the heat down on the water heater to 110.
If you are looking to be more energy efficient, Isom Electric can help! Contact us today!