Did you know that you can make a quick trip to your local hardware store to purchase inexpensive energy-saving tools and equipment? Many of these are simple and easy to complete. If you don’t have any plans for the weekend, you do now.
- Air conditioner filters: Dirty filters restrict airflow and can cause the system to run longer, increasing energy use. Replace filters monthly for maximum benefit. (Savings up to 2%)
- Your home’s leaks: Weather-strip, seal, and caulk leaky doors and windows (Savings up to 2%). Also, fix defective plumbing or dripping faucets. A single dripping hot water faucet can waste 212 gallons of water a MONTH. That not only increases your water bill, but it also increases your gas or electric bill for heating the water.
- Choose Energy Efficient products:
- Use compact fluorescent lamps. You can lower your lighting bill by converting to energy-efficient low-wattage compact fluorescent lighting and fixtures.
- Install programmable thermostat. (Savings up to 3% percent)
- Install a new energy-saver showerhead.
At Isom Electric, we are always looking for new tips to save you money. But don’t forget we are also here to help keep you safe with outdoor lighting, dock lighting, and generators. If you have a business, we can help with all your commercial lighting needs. Contact us today for your electrical needs.