A general rule of thumb to remember is that water and electricity do not mix well. The danger of this combination can actually be fatal. Most of these tips come from this basic but important rule.
• Move electrical toys and appliances away from pools, bathtubs, sprinkler systems, sinks, etc.
• Electricity travels very quickly through water and leads to electrocution! Do not touch an electrical toy or appliance if you are wet or standing in the water.
• Be certain that all of your major appliances are not plugged into extension cords. Washers, dryers, and refrigerators should always be plugged into grounded outlets.
• Consider upgrading to GFCI receptacles in all bathrooms, kitchens, garages, basements, and pool rooms if you have standard receptacles in these rooms that may see water or moisture.
• Be aware of where your circuit breakers are and how to turn them off safely in the event of an emergency.
• Do not ever plug in an appliance with a cord that shows any signs of damage.
If you have any questions about our summer electrical safety tips or need electrical updates, rewiring, and remodeling to your home, call Isom Electric at 864-226-2433 today!